Sunday, December 10, 2006

Oh, Christmas Tree









Where to begin! This week has been a whirlwind of activities, and the week-end was not much different. It's easy to see it's Christmas time; so many wonderful activities to occupy our time.

Yesterday we went to cut down our Christmas tree! This is one of our family's favorite traditions. Every year we go to a Christmas tree farm south of the city. Yesterday was the perfect day, the weather was a balmy +3 degrees and after the -34 weather two days before, we all felt like we were in the tropics. After searching many a tree we found one that we felt would be just perfect for our home. The boys had great fun cutting it down, really what male wouldn't be in paradise welding a saw? After hauling the tree back to our van, the kids roasted marshmallows and went for a sleigh ride. It was such a fun day, the only downfall to the day was the absence of our "family" the Taylor's. In years past we have all gone together, we missed them dearly.

Tonight, we decorated the tree, while Spencer was putting the lights on the tree, Nolan came downstairs dressed as Santa and gave each of us a gift; such a thoughtful boy. The kids loved putting the Christmas balls and various other Christmas ornaments on the tree. I loved turning off all the lights in the house in enjoying the glow of Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wished i was there. i bet yout house smells so good. grandma

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there too. The holidays are just not the same in Thailand. We went out as a family yesterday and cut down one of the palm trees in front of the condo so we could decorate it. A few hours later we some posted an official complaint on our door. There's just no Christmas spirit around here.

Anonymous said...

I would give a lot for a fresh, nice, pine smelling tree. Nothing from the Illinois trees lots in the drug store parking lots can compare to what we had in Canada growing up so we actually went fake about 3 years ago. I decided if I wasn't going to get all the aromatic pleasure of a Christmas tree I might as well stop cleaning up after a live tree so we now get the tree out of the attic each year.

Love,
Julianna