
Me being me, there are very few concerts that I am willing to fork over big bucks to go and see.
Josh Gorban and Bon Jovi would be two concerts that I would be willing to pay pretty much anything to experience. Nothing makes me happier than relaxing with a cup of hot coco and listening to “You Lift Me Up” or blasting “Livin’ On A Prayer” as I drive my kids to school/sports/their friends, wherever.
I woke up Tuesday morning and heard on the radio that Bon Jovi would at last be paying a visit to Winnipeg. A phone call to Spencer sharing the exciting news, pretty much guaranteed that come Saturday morning he would be busy on the phone securing tickets for his sweetheart!
Imagine my disappointment this morning when Tricia squashed my dreams of reliving my youth by rocking out with thousands of other screaming Bon Jovi fans, by informing me that the concert is once again on a Sunday.
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?????????????????
I missed Josh Groban because he came on a Sunday and now I am going to miss Bon Jovi. I’m not really sure what I would do if I wasn’t young women’s president, I’d like to think I wouldn’t be going, but chances are pretty strong that I would. I think this is probably why I was called as YW’s pres. - to keep me on the straight and narrow.

6 comments:
Why doesn't this surprise me at all?...sigh...actually, before I even got down to the part that Bon Jovi is coming on a Sunday, I already sensed it....Heavenly Father has one wicked sense of humour!
Apparently I'm the only sinner in the group no matter what my calling I'd be there and hopefully on the ground floor, there is nothing like seeing a concert at ground. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Living in San Antonio we have seen many concerts come through, mostly on Sunday. We were lucky enough to catch Josh Groban on a week night. David was dissapointed to miss Rush this past August as they were here on Sunday too. We feel your pain.... but admire you for being strong :)
I'm not sure I understand the problem here. You know they have church every week right?
You are the best Angela, and this is why I admire you soo much! You are such a good example for me, your a good mom, a super wife, and my Best Friend!! I think those YW are so lucky to have you, I hope they are able to see the blessings in your life. I'm lucky to have you!!
i would take is as a sign that you need to leave Winnipeg and move to the coast where it is nice and blissful. It is also a quick way out of a calling.
dale
Post a Comment