I went through a country music faze just before Spencer and I were married. I liked the main stream singers like, Tricia Yearwood, Garth Brooks and Martina McBride – there were some others I liked but have no idea now who they were. Anyhow, Spencer’s detest for country music ran deep so I eventually stopped tuning into the country station.
I like to listen to Hot 103 in the morning – the morning hosts Ace Burpee and Chrissy Troy – are so randomly hilarious they make me laugh and start my day off right. Lately I’ve noticed that the music the station plays is particularly vulgar and the lyrics to the song don’t even try to disguise their sexual message. I think I am getting old – some of the songs just drive me crazy and they are played over and over and over again throughout the day because the songs are h-o-t- HOT.
In an effort to escape the depravity, I’ve started tuning into the country station. I am quickly realizing country music is its own culture. The host is different, the callers are different and most importantly the lyrics are different. A little on the peculiar side, - something about searching for ticks; It is all very enjoyable to me!
4 comments:
you must not listen to the lyrics of country music then...they are just as bad as the songs on top 40, they are just not as blatant. They also have lots of songs about drinking and doing the wrong things when your drunk, real good ole tunes.
Hey Angela,
I have a love of country music which I rarely listen to because my husband has trained me not too. No matter what you listen to these days you have to filter something out so when you find a few good tunes enjoy!!!
i could have told you from the start that country music is good
but ticks probably isn't the best one. hahaha.
just stick to martina mcbride; she'll never fail you. =) love ya
After reading this post I'm suddenly thirsty for a tall glass of lemonade.
Post a Comment