Saturday, May 31, 2008

What's the Third?


When Spence and I got married he introduced me to the Law of Threes – Which states that bad things happen in groups of three. Our family has tested this Law out over the years and I have become a believer.

Last Friday – I was picking the kids up from school and the breaks went totally “soft” (this is a term that I have since learned). I had to push the brakes all the way to the floor to stop and even then it took a long time. I waited for Spencer to get home from work and then mentioned there was something wrong with the brakes in the Van. Spencer went out to take the van for a test drive and as he was backing out of the drive way the brakes completely failed and he rolled into the fence behind our house. The top of the fence post hit our back windshield totally shattering it. There is a nice dent in the van gate and a ding in the bumper. We got the brakes fixed on Saturday and I dropped the van off at the body shop on Thursday.

All things Considered I feel very blessed. I was just so thankful that nothing happened while my kids were in the van that the rest didn’t really seem to matter.


Tuesday I went up stairs to brush my teeth and discovered the bathroom sink cracked with chip in it and a puddle of water on the floor. Now I don’t know exactly what happed, but I do have my theories.

I will soon be the owner of a new windshield, van gate, bumper and bathroom sink- Lucky me.

8 comments:

Krista said...

That is three:

1. Brakes
2. Window
3. Sink

So you're totally in the clear, lucky girl ;)

Joe said...

A 50-60 pound little boy standing in the sink can cause that kind of damage... but so can a 180lb man - cmon Spence - fess up. It was you wasn't it? Changing the lightbulb, standing on the sink? Letting the boys take the fall?

Anonymous said...

I've been outed. I thought I could fool everyone with my devious scheme.

Oh, and give this frame some credit - thanks to the office lifestyle I'm 205 lbs. now buddy.

Spence

Anonymous said...

Besides, I don't think I've ever had to stand on anyting to change a light bulb in my life!

S-dawg

Jess said...

sounds like fun Angela!! At least you are over the terrible three. Enjoy your new brakes, window, and sink.

Cluff Family Blog said...

sorry about the accidents...I thought it was just deaths that came in threes..I'm glad it was more mild than that. I enjoy your blog...see you soon...Love Mona

Kristi Drennan said...

well that's not cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey....is the rear window wiper moter still not replaced yet!? Comeon Spenc! get your stick on the ice!

see YOU real soon

Dad