Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Catching Up

not really sure what I've been doing that would prevent me from posting for almost a month, but I'll try to think of all or at least some of the wonder goings on at the court house this month.
  1. Finally after months of waiting, Thursday Spencer got a notice in the mail letting him know that he was a genius and passed another exam. He wrote another one yesterday. I'm not sure what the count is now or how many he has to take; after 14 years of working on this degree, I'm starting to lose count on everything - did he go to school for 10 years of 25? It all starts to become distorted. But I will venture a guess that this was 6 out of 10; but as previous mentioned I really have no idea. But if you check back after Spencer has seen this post I'm sure he will have the correct statistics for you.
  2. Jarom lost his two front teeth. I love his gummy grin and listening to his mispronounced sentences. The first tooth he lost, when his ever loving grandpa shoved a ball in his mouth; knocking the tooth out and causing Jarom to swallow it. Jarom had a bit of stunned look on his face, but I was quick to let him know that the tooth fairy would still come and joked that he would poop the tooth out in a couple of days. Jarom thought this was so funny, he was sure to share all the details with his kindergarten class the next day.
  3. Swimming lesson, soccer, basketball, and gymnastics are all done and now I find myself with two glorious weeks of not having run kids, from one activity to the next. Whatever shall I do with all my time? Perhaps it will be listening to them proclaim how bored they are.
  4. About 3 weeks ago I joined the gym. It's been great. I've loved it. This week my body is finally starting to get used to the work out; every single muscle in my body no longer hurts and makes every movement I make complete and utter torture.
  5. Joelle came to visit. It was magical. & we had really delicious pink slurpees.

That's all I think of for now, but if I think of any thing else I'll be sure to post.

6 comments:

Jess said...

That's so exciting that Spencer is getting closer to his goal. I love the dresser you did an awesome job. Enjoy the break it sounds like you have been one busy Mom.

Anonymous said...

Angela, including that LEED exam you are correct at 6 out of 10. 4 to go. And I was in University for 8 years, but technically working full-time already over the last 1.5 years during that confounded thesis period. For the record...

Spenny

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know you had me doing the laughing cry on Jerom's tooth story. I sure miss seeing you guys, especially Jarom.

D

Anonymous said...

Always glad to hear about your updates. And by the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...AND MANY MORE!!!
I didn't get a card in the mail, though I have been thinking about you. Lots going on....so busy....you too!

Love,
Cathy Finken

momma street said...

Spencer you are too funny!! I always knew you were a genious! You could have just asked me. Angela - you'll have to get a picture of Jarom's toothless grin. How fun!

Anonymous said...

5. Joelle came to visit.
It was magical.
& we had really delicious pink
slurpees.


i'm upset this got neglected.