Thursday, May 20, 2010

More Nothing


1. This super cute kid invited me to a Mother's Day tea where I was pampered and treated like a princess. He massaged my hands and back, and then treated me to the prettiest pedicure a mother could get. I had 3 blue nails and 2 red nails- it was awesome. Then I was served a lovely glass of punch and a cookie after which he sang me the loveliest of songs and sent me on my way.


2. Paul and Rachel came down for Mother's Day and the men who love us most made us a superb dinner and showered us with much appreciation for all we do as mothers.


3. Aren't these about the most handsome group of men you've ever seen!

4. I've been ignoring the fact that my sewing machine is broken and sewing anyhow. I think this would really bother someone who actually knew how to sew, but since I just fake my way through it, my machine and I have become quite chummy.


5. I've been sewing Nursing Covers and Blankets for my friends and family. I find this very calming, relaxing and frustrating all at the same time. Once I've mastered the first one, which let me tell you, uses more than a couple of brain cell; I am good to go.

6. Some days I feel like this baby is never going to come and then other days I feel like he is coming way to fast. I am beyond nervous about having a new baby, I forget how to do everything.

7. I made this little number for supper last night - Spinach and Feta Pasta . I thought it was so scrumptious - my kids did not. They picked out the noodles and left all the good stuff behind. Regardless I will be making it again as it was ultra quick and lip-smacking good.

8. Today seemed like the perfect day to make cookies, but that seems to have become Nolan’s job so I thought I would save it for him. Then I thought of making cinnamon buns, but I don’t have a Bosch and so that will have to wait until I make a trip out to my mom’s. I am still trying to think of something else to make that will be just as comforting.

9. I started reading a book called Cutting for Stone. I like it, I think I like it a lot. I have to put it aside as I am suppose to be reading my book for book club next week.

10. Some kind of Wonderful sung by Michael Buble always makes me cheerful and want to dance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

helllo
i like this
i like you
AND i miss you
love joelle

Amy said...

I LOVE your nothing posts.
Cute stuff you're sewing.
Mmmm, right now, spinach and feta is one of my favorite things, a total craving thingie lately. I made a Greek pizza for myself last weekend, mmmm.

Anonymous said...

love the picture with you and Jarom, so cute!

Rach