Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Things I want to remember


Today Barrett is 3 weeks old, so really I wanted to post pictures of him looking all cute. But during his awake time today, he kept smiling at me and I became so overcome with love and joy that this sweet little baby is here and how blessed I feel to have him that I just sat and stared at him and soaked in our moments together; I forgot to take a picture.  I'll have to fake one tomorrow and pretend it's his 3 week photo. 


How proud this kid looked when he finally mastered the first bit of Smoke on the Water on his guitar. 


How this kid loves to get the bay leaf in his soup so he can kiss the cook (me), then hides it in his soup and pretends he found another leaf so he can kiss me again.

How seriously blessed I am in the kids I have.

4 comments:

carolyne b said...

Little people make it all worth wide. The late nights, early mornings. And the unconditional love they share. How blest we are as mothers to see our children grow up to become great men and women.

Amy said...

Awww, Barrett's smiling! Baby smiles and laughs are the BEST.
A.J.'s taking guitar lessons too. Who's your teacher? That's one of the songs A.J. likes to fiddle with too, that and Enter Sandman. Oh, and Brett hums "Smoke on the Water" all the time.
So this bay leaf thing, is this a Court family thing, or a well known tradition in general that I haven't learned about yet?

Angela said...

Nolan is learning the guitar from a teacher at Lakie, he seems to really enjoy it so I am thinking we are going to have to put him in lessons.

I heard it somewhere, once upon a time; if you got the bay leaf in your bowl you have to kiss the cook. My kids have been kissing me since they were little and still love it!

Amy said...

Ahh, well if you need a name of a guitar teacher, let me know. We like ours, and he's on Ojibwa, so it's nearby. A.J. is looking forward to guitar at Lakie too, he hopes he'll be good enough to have lead parts in performances with the guitar orchestra. I'm glad Nolan is enjoying it, so fun! What a great school.