I have lots of thoughts bouncing around my brain and heart tonight about being a mother; as I wrote out my thought it sounded like a bunch of whining. So I'll be brief; Sometimes I wonder if I have it in me to help my kids become all they need to be to make it through this life. Their willpower seems to be way stronger than mine, their argumentativeness seems to be stronger then my powers of persuasion and patients. Some days my frustration level doesn't allow me to see all the good amongst the irksome rebuttals I constantly hear.
Today I was so thankful to read the visiting teaching message for this month. Julie B. Beck always fills me with strength, courage and hope. I can totally do this motherhood thing!
"Latter-day Saint women who recognize that their strength comes from the Lord’s Atonement do not give up during difficult and discouraging times. As covenant keepers, we excel at upholding, nurturing, and protecting children and youth so that one day we might say of this rising generation, “Never had I seen so great courage, nay, not amongst all"
1 comment:
I loved Pres Uchtdorf when he said," Everyone has strenghts and weaknesses. Be thankful for small successes in you home. God notices them and they are not small to him." We truly do not know what impact we have made on the lifes of our children and others until much later. By the way they treat others in their lives. If we treat each family member like we are happy to see them and love them for who and what they truly are then we have started them on the right road.
And you Ang are doing wonderful....just saying.
Post a Comment