Yesterday I had a glimpse into our future. We were sitting around with friends and Nolan laughing and having such a good time. It projected me 15+ years into our future picturing us sitting around with our adult kids and their young family laughing and having a good time together.
I remember hearing Sister Beck talk about raising her kids, she realized she had to raise kids that she would want to be friends with when they were adults.
The experience was a sweet little reminder of the long term goals in raising our kids.
2 comments:
I love moments like those.
I LOVED when Julie B Beck said that!
Everyone always seems to talk more about missing your kids being young, but I found a lot of hope in looking forward to the joys of them being grown up too., and being excited for the people they would become. Love it!
Post a Comment