Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Birthday Boy















Saturday Nolan celebrated his 7th birthday. We mark the occasion by inviting some of his friend for a Glow in the Dark Soccer Party. We started the party off with a hot dog roast, followed by the traditional blowing of the candle; Nolan was once again relieved to blow out all his candles as proof that his does not have a girl friend. Next year I think I'll buy one undistinguishable candle so he is forced into having one girlfriend - His mama! Then we played a few games and opened the presents while we waited for the sun to go down. I found a Glow ball over the internet and we loaded the kids up with glow sticks around their neck and wrists and let them go crazy. It was super cool to see all the glow stick running around the field chasing a glowing ball. After the kids were tired out, I marked off a field with glow sticks and threw candy everywhere. The kids had to use their flashlights and find the candy. This happened to be Nolan's favorite part of the party.

Sunday was Nolan's actual birthday so he was able to open his presents from his grandparents and us. He received the goalie equipment that he has so long wished for. There was an immediate hockey game in our back yard once the presents were opened, lucky for him two of his friends had slept over so he lots of people to try to score on him.

No comments: