Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Burning Down the House!


At lunch time today, I was busy in the kitchen preparing lunch (like the good mother that I am) when I hear Jarom start screaming. Now anyone who knows Jarom realizes that this is not unusual, but there seemed to be a panic in his voice that sent me running into the living room. As I'm running I'm thinking something terrible has happened to Jarom, like he has falling and broken his leg (remember the Christmas curse is quickly coming due) When I reached Jarom I see flames coming out of the top of our lamp, (the lamp was one of those halogen lamps that is tall and has an open bulb at the top; if you have one I would like to strongly encourage you to throw it out) I quickly grabbed the lamp and took it outside trying to distinguish the fire in the snow. The whole time I am doing this Jarom is screaming, "I want my ball, I want my ball, I want my ball". The ball is crispy.

When I finally get the fire out and go back in the house, I see that our house is filled with black smoke. I was so annoyed knowing that my whole evening was going to be spent washing walls and everything else in our house. As my good friend Anne pointed out I really should just be thankful that I had walls to wash. On another positive note, now that I am finished the clean up, my living room and kitchen is sparkling clean. Nothing makes me happier than a super clean house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! I love our little boys, never a dull moment, NEVER a dull moment. Everyday a blank slate, what will they wreck today??!! Its a new gift everyday!