
Under the revolution of Mao, thousands of Chinese young people were sent to mountains to live with peasants to be "re-educated". This is the story of two friends, Luo and Ma, who after a time come across banded literature. Luo falls in love with a peasant girl, who is the daughter of the mountain tailor. Luo reads the little seamstress Balzac hoping to educate her simple mind, making her more acceptable to the society he comes from.
I’ve always been fascinated by books from other cultures that allow me a glimpse into their traditions. This book was delightful as I found myself totally engrossed in the lives of the characters. I would highly recommend this book.
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars ****
I’ve always been fascinated by books from other cultures that allow me a glimpse into their traditions. This book was delightful as I found myself totally engrossed in the lives of the characters. I would highly recommend this book.
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars ****
No comments:
Post a Comment