Sunday, February 22, 2009

How does that happen?

Today our RS lesson was Elder Nelson conference talk on Celestial Marriage. During the lesson one of the Sisters mentioned that her and her husband had been married for 70 years and never had an argument. 70 years no argument.

I seriously want to know how this happens. I've heard this same statement during conference addresses or in a story from one of the lesson manuals and to be quite frank I sort of thought they were made up. No one I have ever personally been in contact with could make such a statement.

Seriously, how do you go through 70 years of marriage and not argue? I want to know. I'm going to become best friends with that Sister and find out all her secrets or maybe I shouldn't because I bet bitting your tongue and self control are a major part of it.

3 comments:

momma street said...

My thoughts.....(I am sure you want them! ha ha) If she's been married 70 years, she must be a little 'older', maybe a little forgetfulness has settled in and she can't remember? That is my hope! Or maybe she only considers a knock down, drag out fight an arguement - we've never had one of those either. Woo Hoo!!

Anonymous said...

One or the other is in complete control or it is a fantasy. Don't compare yourself and feel bad. Healthy disagreement is far,far better

Anonymous said...

My dear Angelia,
When someone in their 80's makes a comment in church or conference like that it makes it hard for me not to LAUGH OUT LOUD ( and roll in the aisle with laughter) because their's IS NOT a healthy relationship in my opinion. Someone in the relationship is VERY submissive the way women were in that generation. WE are different women thank goodness. We are partners not pushovers..... Love Aunt Jane xox