Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Wait is Over

Not that you were really waiting, as it's been sooooo long you probably forgot all about me and my project. I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to finished up the "space" before I shared the finish product with you. After searching all of this town, I have yet to find a print that would be perfect on the wall behind and so I've decided to share with you anyhow.

Before

Step 1. Stripping all the old paint off.

I actually loved this step, it was delightful to see all the old ugly paint bubble up and reveal a glorious grain pattern in the wood with each graze of my scrapper.


Step 2: Sanding, sanding and more sanding.
Note to self: next time invest in an electric sander.


Step: 3 Staining - I actually failed to take a picture of this step
Step 4: Clear Coating
I had one coat left to do to complete the project and the weather dipped below freezing, Spencer brought the dresser inside so I could finish the job (I think he wanted his garage back).


My finished project - and I love it.


I know that many of you are questioning whether or not I actually did this myself or if Spencer did it and I am just taking the credit. Well my doubting friends, aside from some teaching on how to properly apply stain and clear coat, I did it all myself.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

It is hard to believe that is the same dresser. It looks great. i love the feet. some times you have to wonder why people paint wood when the grain is beautiful. I think you got a steal of a deal wasn't this the chest under $100.oo? I quite like all the kids art work above!!! but that's just me. I'm so proud that you joined a gym what are you doing??????

Anonymous said...

Finish it she did. That is my talented wife I was smart enough to marry. Looks great seeing real wood finished properly instead of the former faux paint job (some crafty person got brainwashed and convinced by Martha Stewart to do). Nice knobs too. ;)

Spenny

Anonymous said...

Great job Ang...You are just way too talented.

D

carolyne b said...

beautiful work Angela and happy belated birthday, right? i hope your dresser has a special place in your house.

Shaela said...

It looks awesome. I love it!