Friday, June 12, 2009

Yes I did make these!

and if you don't examine, inspect or scrutinize these cupcake to closely you will be as impressed as I am delighted with the outcome.

Nolan has a shark obsession, which doesn't actually seem like a strong enough word to describe his loves of sharks. When he is a grow up man his occupations will be a marine biologist - specializing in sharks. This I find very interesting because a. Nolan has a fear of deep water and b. he is afraid of sharks. But because I am such a fabulous mom, I have yet to bring these points to his attentions, and instead let him enjoy his dreams.

But, I digress. Nolan and a fellow classmate have in their spare time this school year been doing a research project on sharks. They gathered lots of fun little tidbits, then Spencer and I helped Nolan assemble his project into a PowerPoint presentation which he is presenting to the class as I write this.

Along with his presentation he asked me to make shark cupcakes, since my cake decorating skill are very limited I hunted the Internet in search of a cupcake I thought I could handle and thanks to the folks at A Baked Creation I found a pattern.

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Fabulous!

Sylvia said...

That's awesome and looks great!!

Katrina said...

Wow, I should make these for Dave. He loves sharks and is always trying to tell me that they're just misunderstood and really don't mean to bite people in half. I'm still to taumatized by watching "Jaws" when I was about 5

craftedbylindy said...

These are awesome!!!