I flew into Vancouver Thursday night, then bright and early Friday morning we headed off to Seattle. After a detour to the outlet mall, we finally arrived.
We cruised by the Paramount Theater to see if we could get tickets to Wicked. When we got there the lovely (although not joyful) people from Paramount were holding a lottery draw for 11 seats. After entering our names in the draw, we went and harassed the nice lady in the ticket booth, who found us utterly charming and put 2 ticket aside for the Saturday matinee just in case we weren't so fortunate to have our names drawn from the lottery.
Although the anticipation of the awaiting hearing our names called was delightful, it never happened and we paid another visit to our friend in the ticket booth purchasing fabulous seats for the following days matinee.
This is true friendship. Anne HATES her food to touch, seafood and generally anything out of the ordinary. I saw a brochure on the Crab Pot and just had to eat there. Our waiter brought us a pail of oysters, mussels, crab legs, sausages, shrimp, potatoes and corn and dumped it all on the table in front of us. We whacked crab legs, removed shrimp eye balls and legs, and shelled mussels and oysters. It was awesome. Yum!
Saturday we wondered where ever our path took us. We parked the car and hit the streets. We wondered through Pike Market, where we saw fish flying throw the air.
We also saw hundreds and hundreds of the most beautiful bouquets of flowers. They were 5 dollars. That alone made me want to pack up my family and move.
Walked the streets of Seattle, listening to the street performs, gazed in the shops and stopped for the most delicious crepes.
In our travels we of course had to stop for one of my favorite drinks - Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks - there really is a Starbucks on every corner.
We took a ferry ride - it was cool, especially coming back to Seattle in the dark, the lights of city were very cool.
5 comments:
Angela, it sounds like you had a trip of a lifetime. How awesomely wonderful. Its one of the reasons the Gospel is so great, we never loose touch with those we have so much in common with. I love the pictures on your header too. Still miss the YW pres!!
Well, at first I was just feeling jealous at getting to have 5 days with nothing to do but have fun without trying to deal with little kids at the same time. But now I mostly feel hungry. Omak is not the place to try to satisfy pregnancy food cravings. Would you like gross, greasy fast food or gross, greasy fast food?!
How totally FUN! You both look fantastic! I am glad you got to go. Now repeat EVERY YEAR!!!
okay, I am seriously still in a funk! I MISSSS YOUUUUU!!!! IT was so much fun!! and you are forever the most "popular" girl I know! you "defy gravity" at every turn! and all should refer to you as "MS Wonderful!!!" and for "one short day" we were FREE!!!!
I still can't believe I ate the bowl of sea creatures for you! true love! I loved our fun weekend! but not nearly as much as I love YOU!! and as it goes:
"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason,
bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those who help us most to grow, if we let them,
and we help them in return.
We'll i don't know if I believe that's true, But I know who I am today, Because I knew YOU!!!.... Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you, I have been changed for good!!.... So much of me is made of what I learned from you, you'll be with me, like a hand print on my heart!"
Love YA!!!!
It looked so fun! Glad you had a great time. I want to eat at the Crab Pot now. Yum!
Post a Comment