Friday, February 26, 2010

This is motherhood

This is how my morning started out.  Does it not just look like the most perfect of mornings?  It was.  I made the most delicious Blueberry muffins known to man (for the recipe check out the idea room) all scrumptious and dipped in REAL butter and topped off with cinnamon and sugar; enjoying a delightful bit of brain candy in a book, sipping Tropicana orange juice.  Life was good.

Then my kids came home and reality hit hard. 

After hour 2 1/2 of listening to Jarom scream over having to properly make his bed and vacuum up the cracker crumbs spread all over the couch and floor and helping Nolan for 5 1/2 hours complete his homework I was done and a bit reflective.  I remembered holding each one of them as new so sweet little babies and thinking they were as perfect and loveable as anything I'd ever experienced.  They smelled so good, they were cuddly; they were perfect. 

They still are sweet and cuddly, but at times they don't smell so good.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but they don't always smell so good at the cute, cuddly stage either. Sounds like you're doing well so I'm happy for you. I'm ready to be put into a coma until May!

Angela said...

I remembered this later in the day, but chose to focus on the sweetness of it all. Plus babies are easier to get smelling clean than stinky boys who refuse to shower.