Sunday, February 28, 2010
Book Corner
I'm hoping to get through all these books this month. I read Pride and Prejudice as my book club selection and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've always wanted to read it, but was a little intimidated by Jane Austen and her style of writing. It was as good as I hoped it would be; I can't wait to crack open the pages of Sense and Sensibility as it is one of my favorite movies. As is my experience in life, books are always better than the movie. I can't wait to discover what lays ahead of me with Marianne, Elinor, Edward, and the scoundrel Willoughby.
I'm currently enjoying Sweetness at the Bottom of a Pie. It’s a murder mystery and if you're looking for a no brainer book, this one is okay.
I'll give you an update on Sister of My Heart when I get around to reading it. It sounds a bit sad, so I may not get through it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! I look forward to reading books again one day. I think for me lack of sleep is a factor, not enough hands, and to many other things I want to finish. I always like to hear about good book suggestions though so let me know! Enjoy!
Post a Comment