Tuesday, June 01, 2010

First Trip to Waterton this Season

Sunday, the skies once again opened up and released tiny droplet of water, adding to the already saturated grass.  We'd been hiding in the house far too long and the troops were getting restless.  Spencer and I packed the van for all kinds of weather, herded the kids in and headed for the mountains.  We made a quick stop to pick up my dad and continued on our way. 
We all love the mountains and being amongst the vastness of the peaks; even the rain couldn't stop our spirits from being rejuvenated.  We deeply inhaled the glorious freshness of the cool mountain air. 
After a very wet and somewhat treacherous drive to Cameron Lake (Spencer likes looking at the mountains more than the road) we headed to the Big Scoop for a treat.  Don't worry, we would never think of buying something on Sunday - all the workers thought we were the most adorable family they had ever seen and gave us our ice-cream for free!  Can you Believe it?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm Big Scoop, a Waterton favorite. Not sure if I believe it or not haha! I hear ya about being stir crazy. We made a rainy day trip of our own that I need to blog about.
I LOVE the photo of you with your belly bursting out of your coat, awesome!
So, did you guys miss out on the broadcast then?

Angela said...

It's was just a quick trip up to Waterton. We went to the broadcast in the morning and then left after a visit from our Hometeachers. We went to The Jerry Potts building, I thought it would be less busy; so did everyone else. I guess we will stick with the Stake Center from now on.

Amy said...

That kind of Sunday outing is so "us". Which is why we LOVE 9am church.
Yeah, we've been going to the J.Potts building for Stake Conferences for almost 3 years. We could show up at 10 to the hour and still get a seat in the chapel. This past Sunday was insane, never seen it that full. It was so noisy and hard to pay attention too. And my kids were so done after the first hour. It made me glad that we watch General Conference at home.