Friday, February 11, 2011
The Goal
A little bit ago Nolan set a goal for himself to finish the Book of Mormon before he turns 12. He has done pretty good, but I could see he was starting to slow down a bit and may possibly not reach his goal. I searched way down in the depth of my parenting and thought how could I assist him in reaching his goal.
Then I remembered the classic challenge given to all youngsters at some time in their life.
Read the book of Mormon and get a free dinner.
Always a good choice. Nolan is a bit competitive so I thought I would use this to my advantage and issued the challenge between the two of us. Whoever finishes the BofM first buys the other one dinner.
As it stands now Nolan is kicking my butt. I'm in 1 Nephi and he is finishing up Alma. I still taunt him everyday that I will catch him.
Who are you betting on, me or Nolan?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job Nolan keep up the good work. Not only the reward of your mom treating you to dinner.Your choice of where your going, right) There are other rewards, you will receive by reading the Book of Mormon.
Your so awesome Nolan for setting that goal. We had set that goal as a family and made it all the way through Alma and then crashed. I know you will finish. Please, Please beat your mom, if not for me then for everyone who loses to her in all of the many games she is awesome at. Bring her down.
Side note: Ang you're so awesome at keeping up your blog. I have found that several people have stopped updating, thats sad for those of us who live far away from everyone.Anyway thanks for the great updates.
I have to vote for Nolan since you can buy a better dinner! It took us 3 (maybe 2 but it was a long time) years to finish the BOM for Zoe's baptism. Now we're doing it again for Ava's baptism.
Julianna
Julianna do you have a blog?
Post a Comment