Sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy with this house filled with boys. There is always balls being kicked at my head as I go about doing chores. There are guitars and drum beats filling the longed for silence as I try to find some sort of quite place to regain a bit of sanity. There are cars, Lego's, cows, soccer shoes, gym bags, soccer balls, basketballs, rubber balls and volleyballs at every turn being hit, kicked or volleyed. Our house is filled with everything boy, blue is the main color in the washing and wrestling is the family sport.
There will never be pink in my future or tutus or barbie dolls. Yesterday as I decorated the table for Thank-giving, I knew that no one would appreciate my efforts to make things look nice, nor would I receive a confirmation of the beauty of the dishes or the decor. In my need for someone else to join in my appreciation of beautiful things, I went seeking it from one of the boys in the house and received a bit of mocking. After having myself a little pity party, I decided that even though I have boys I can still teach them to appreciate nice things. I can teach them to compliment me, as some day their wife will appreciate the compliments. So much to teach these wonderful boys of mine as I continually learn important lessons from them.
1 comment:
Yoru my hero? yes! you are. Not only because our houses full of balls (pun maybe not intended) match, but because you admit you'd love for their to be someone to notice, in the way only estrogen enriched brains can. Soooooo, next time you want someone to notice how nice things look, just take a picture and Instgram it or text it too me and I will ooo and ahhh appropriately! and remember, those cute boys of yours are gonna have lovely wives who are going to adore their mother in law and lavish you with more praise and womanly support than your little head/ball target could dream of!
Post a Comment