Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's a Hard Life

It's been a couple of busy days here, I'm not sure why I think life is going to be quite and restful when I'm here; it's just different busy.

Tuesday we loaded the kids up in the car and took them shopping to Lethbridge. Jarom was so unhappy to be going to Wal-mart that he threw a Huge tantrum; screaming and kicking, making a huge spectacle of himself. I'm used to the tanturms and carried on as normal; my mom however has enjoyed many years of shopping tantrum free and was a little unnerved by the whole affair. I must confess, I did in the end buy him off with a bag of Starburst candies. Worked like a charm.

Nolan was happy with our little shopping expedition because he scored himself a hockey sticker book. It's the books that he has to keep buying little packets of stickers that contain the players; he is willing to do pretty much anything to get his stickers. It works out great for me. Then we spent the rest of the day swimming in the pool. Jarom and I both got sunburns; I guess it's the price that we must pay for living a life of leisure.

Wednesday - My grandma Blumel had an eye appointment, I was the lucky one that got to take her. We sat the doctor's office for an hour and waited while I listened to an old guy talk about life on the farm and how he mended his broken arm. After the appointment we ran a couple of earns and went for lunch.

When I got home, mom and I and the kids headed off to the Hutterites to get some strawberries to make some strawberry jam. We spent the afternoon making 4 batches of strawberries jam. Which by the way turned out totally delicious, I can't wait to eat it on my toast all winter long. Yum. Then we of course finished the day off with a dip in the pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad you are having fun.. I am enjoying my 30 min of internet time/week. I miss you and am glad to be able to see all the fun you are having!! Love you and Miss you!! Big hugs to those boys. Except Spencer, thats just creepy.-Anne, Oh Aphra says HI!