Monday, October 23, 2006

Small Ball



















Today was Nolan's first basketball game. He was so excited to receive his basketball and team jersey...it's all about the jersey. He is playing Small ball - an easier form of basketball that allowed the kids the opportunity to develop their skills and confidence. There are 3 mats on the floor in front of the basket and once the kids make it to the mat with a ball all the other players have to back off and the player gets to take a shot. There are only 4 players from each team on the floor; the fifth player being the coach. When a player double dribble or travel with the ball, they are told their mistake and the game continues. It's actually a good way for kids to learn basketball. No score is kept and everyone wins!!!

Nolan did a great job and shows great potential to become a great basketball player (do I sound like a proud mom or what). He was an aggressive little player, got in there and got the ball every chance he got. I just asked him if he liked basketball or soccer more, much to my surprise and excitement he answered basketball; don't tell his dad.

Anyhow I'm coaching the team, which I am really excited about. It's fun to do something different and use the skills I've learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go nolan! high five.

gramdma

Anonymous said...

Gooo Nolan! Rach