
Since reading in one of my favorite things to do, I thought I would start my own little book review when I finish reading a book. (I hope you'll share some of your favorite books with me in return).
Spencer bought me 'Light on Snow" by Anita Shreve for Christmas this year. This is the third book of hers I've read; the others being "The Pilots Wife," and "Sea Glass". Both of which I have enjoyed.
Light on Snow is told through the point of view of 12 years old Nikki Dillon. After the tragic death of her mother and baby sister, Clara, her grief stricken father leaves his architectural job in New York and move Nikki to an isolated farmhouse just outside a rural town in New Hampshire. On their walk in the woods one snowy day in December, Nikki and her dad come across a crying newborn baby wrapped in a sleeping bag and left in the snow to die.
I very much enjoyed this book and found myself wanting to finish the book as quickly as possible. I had to know what happens to baby Doris and why her parent would abandon her in such a fashion. The ending of the book although satisfying was not the way I wanted it to end; I'm a happily ever after sort of gal.
I would recommend this book to all giving it
4 out of 5 Stars. * * * *
2 comments:
Thanks for the book review Ang. I often wonder what to read next after I have finished reading a book and lately I haven't found anything worth reading or haven't had the time. I always like to hear what other people are reading so I may just have to give this book or her other books a try. I did start to read Earagon but have been too into my knitting to sit down and start reading it but I have heard it is a good book.
ang,
I bought it yesterday and read it last night til I was finished. Great book.....now what?
mom
Post a Comment