"The Undomestic Goddess" is the story of Samantha Sweeting, a 29 year old topnotch attorney. On the same day she is to be named partner in one of London's most prestige law firms; she also discovers she is has made a mistake that will cost her firm millions of dollars, not to mention end her high powered fast track career.In a haze of confusion she flees the offices and ends up on a train headed to a new life. Samantha takes a job working as a housekeeper; having absolutely no domestic skill whatsoever, she stumbles her way through, cleaning, cooking and a new found love.
This book it total brain candy. A friend of mine shared this term with me a couple of years ago, and it's the perfect word to describe this book. There is nothing in this book to make you think. I almost stopped reading it after the first few chapters, but after trudging through I found some of the scene entertaining, and in the end I found myself enjoying the book.
Since I only gave my last book 4 stars, I have to give this book 2 stars. It is no where near the book "Snow Falling Lightly" is; although I still recommend it if your looking for a no brainer at the end of a long day!
2 out of 5 stars **
2 comments:
Ang ....I already read it. Oh wait, is that my book? mom
I am usually looking for a no-brainer at the beginning of my day! By the end of the day it's sometimes scary to contemplate what my brain needs!
Julianna
Post a Comment