Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Spring Break!!!
Friday officially marked the start of Spring Break. I love Spring Break! It is a little taste of what summer is going to be like. I love having my kids home and being able to do fun things with them. I love the carefree nature of life. I love not having to make 4 trips to school every day (6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays). I love not having to force feed my kids breakfast before I send them out into the world. I love not having to ask them 15 times to brush their teeth, get dressed or get their coats on; we are off to do fun things so asking once is all that is required.
Yesterday we went to the Manitoba Museum of Man and Nature. There is always a lot to see at the museum and this trip was one of the best since Jarom was old enough to understand everything a little bit better, ask questions and tell me stories about things he knew. He only set off the alarm twice for going in areas he wasn’t allowed to go. Nolan and his friend Greg dressed up as voyagers and guessed the different pelts of lots of different animals. Nolan was especially interested in the Red Fox because he recently finished a report on Red Foxes that was quite impressive.
Today we made an early morning trip to the Zoo with some friends from church. They all have little kids, so Nolan brought his friend Leon along making everyone’s trip much more enjoyable. We’ve been the Zoo lots of times, but it’s always fun to go and see the monkeys and other animals. Because of the weather, lots of animals were out and about and moving that we normally don’t get to see in action. Usually the animals just lay on the stands in stupor of boredom. I’m sure most of them have been locked up for the winter so their still small cages must feel extra large after of winter indoors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It's wonderful to see the pictures of the boys. this is when its hard to be stuck at home with the day care. Im glad Greg has you your family to help go out and explore in the world. Isn't wonderful to have the bikes out again, pretty soon they won't need gloves on to ride them. Jarom looks like he is in his glory.
Post a Comment