
I have inherited a no sugar cereal policy from my mother. Growing up our cupboards were full or healthy, hearty cereals, such as Shreddies, Raisin Bran and I think I even remember a box of Grape Nuts sitting on the pantry shelve for so long that it had an inch thick layer of dust on it ( you know it’s bad when even the parent won’t eat it). Once in awhile I stray from my policy and break down and buy my kids a box of cereal that we have affectionately named “Crap Cereal”. This was just such an occasion on our shopping trip on Monday.
Jarom saw a box of Lucky Charms and declared it to be his favorite cereal. Chalk one up for the creators of all Lucky Charms commercials; they obviously know their target group. I ended up buying the LC and the second we walked in the door, Jarom had the box open and poured himself a bowl. After school Nolan entered the house and it was like he had a sixth sense that a box of crap cereal had somehow made it into the house; he had a bowl poured before I even had my coat off. I think the beloved box of cereal last all of 3 hours. Every time I turned around the boys were sneaking a bowl. Now for my confession… I had a bowl too and it was Good!!!
Jarom saw a box of Lucky Charms and declared it to be his favorite cereal. Chalk one up for the creators of all Lucky Charms commercials; they obviously know their target group. I ended up buying the LC and the second we walked in the door, Jarom had the box open and poured himself a bowl. After school Nolan entered the house and it was like he had a sixth sense that a box of crap cereal had somehow made it into the house; he had a bowl poured before I even had my coat off. I think the beloved box of cereal last all of 3 hours. Every time I turned around the boys were sneaking a bowl. Now for my confession… I had a bowl too and it was Good!!!
5 comments:
The crap cereal that we buy (whenever it is on sale at Costco) is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It is so dang good. It is like having sex every time you eat it.
looks like cinnamon toast crunch knows their target audience too! mom
If you think that Cinnamon flavored cereal is as good as sex, there's a pretty good chance you're not doing it right.
I believe their target is university students and horny bastards.
gotta get me some Cinnamon Toast Crunch....Rach
Post a Comment