Sunday, April 01, 2007

Childrens Museum











Well today officially marks the end of Spring break. Nolan was off to school bright and early this morning. Surprisingly there wasn’t too much weeping and wailing- from me not him.

This was a fun week with the kids. We did all sorts of fun things. Friday we went to the children’s museum with the Northcotts and with our friends the Hutchinsons. Every other time I’ve been to the children’s museum I haven’t enjoyed it much, but this time it was tons of fun…. 4 hours after we arrived the kids were still going strong. One this I realized this spring break is, life is so much easier with a four year old, than with a three, two or one year old. Jarom seems to have turned the corner and is easier to go out in public with. The exhibits were able to hold his attention longer than .5 of a second.

The kids had a great time exploring the underwater exhibit made entirely of Lego’s, playing in the train, sliding down the tree house, climbing into the beaver den and digging in the tub of rocks and water. The kids dug in the rocks and water forever. I’m thinking this summer I should just get a swimming pool; throw in a couple bags of rocks, some water and Presto, hours of entertainment for my kids. Jarom also had a great time putting on a puppet show. I was the only audience, which was probably a good thing because all he did was kill off the puppets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That top picture makes it look likie Jarom is an exhibit. Did the museum put him on display so people could watch him play with the stuffed animal?