Thursday, September 06, 2007

Alone at Last




Yesterday was the first day of school; Nolan started grade 3 and after lunch Jarom attended Pre-school. Normally at this time of the year I feel sorrow and a desire to shut all the curtains, lock the doors and keep my kids with me. This year however, I felt a little relief at seeing them securely in their classrooms.

I’m not sure if it's because I've caught some sort of nasty illness from my kids that is leaving me drained of all energy, achy body, and a sore throat among other complaints, for over a week now or if it is the ever constant sibling rivalry turning into more than one fist fight and a couple of biting matches, that helped make the transitions of a new school year a lot easier than I have anticipated.

Nolan’s new teacher is Miss Sopka who is apparent very good for boys. He came home happy at lunch and tired afterschool. His best buddy Leon is in the other class, which caused a couple of tears, but with the promise of lots of play dates, he seems ok. I guess time will tell as the school year unfolds.

Jarom is attending preschool 3 times a week for 2 hours. It’s just enough time to give me a few minutes to myself to enjoy all the things I love to do like watching soap operas and eating bonbons. Ummmm – maybe in my dreams. I remember when Jarom started last year I thought I would have all this time to accomplish everything, but in reality my "free time" managed to be taken up with things like volunteering and Vt'ing.

Jarom had a great day and like his teacher very much.
P.S. Jarom insisted on wearing his soccer medal to show his teacher.

1 comment:

m-strat said...

Look at the pictures I think it's time for you guys to move out of the 'Houde'. Nolan is flashing his 'West Coast' gang sign and Jarom won't go to school without his bling-bling.

The tragedy of inner-city youth.