Wednesday, December 05, 2007

We're Still Alive







It's been awhile I know. I'm trying to think of anything exciting to share with you that has happened over the last month and a half.


  • Jarom turned 5 - It's hard to believe that my baby is 5 - where did the time go? He had a fabulous day. Lots of presents and a cake that was to his exact request. A round cake with blue icing and purple and yellow sprinkle with jelly beans that go around and around.


  • My bestest friend Annie came to visit me - She been trying to convince us to move to Vancouver and up until now I have been resisting - after seeing our temperature at -27 and hers at +7 I am a little tempted.

  • Nolan is back ripping up the court at B-ball. I had originally opted out of coaching, but after realizing that the coach needed some help I am back coaching and really enjoying it.

  • I've discovered the value of one on one dates with my kids. I used to think that since I am a stay at home mom I spend tons of time with my kids, which is true, but it is mostly time spent driving them to their various activities, getting them to clean their rooms, do their homework, brush their teeth - all the boring mom stuff. So about mid November Nolan and I went out on our first date and it was so fun to listen to him talk (don't think I've ever heard him talk that much). Turns out he is pretty funny.

  • Jarom passed the crocodile level in swimming and is moving on to become a whale - he does a pretty crazy dive - more of a jump really with his arms in diving position.

  • Much to my kids delight we finally (their words not mine) got snow. I now have a snow fort in my backyard. Nolan will derive hours of pleasure working on it until it melts in the spring.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah I'm glad your alive!! Now you can come and make me some of those buns!!!