Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This is why I live here




















We were FINALY fortunate enough to be given a break from the glacial temperature and reached a balmy -3 on Saturday. Since we have pretty much been on lock down for the last week and a half we knew we had to get the kids out of the house. Skating seemed like the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

The Northcotts joined us at St. Vital Park and a highly competitive game of hockey ensued. The Northcotts vs. The Courts – I am of course happy to report that the Courts were victorious!

Jarom decided skating wasn’t in his best interests, so we strapped a helmet on him and let him run around on the ice and climb the snow hills. The Northcotts had brought their sled and he and Alina had a great time riding on the sled while I pulled them around the ice.

P.S. These are not pictures from the actual skating event on Saturday. I forgot my camera but was able to take pictures on my phone. If anyone knows how to get the pictures from my phone onto my computer I'd appreciate the help.
P.S.S. Today we are expected to reach -45 with the windchill. Brrrrrrrr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO.
now i am officially on your blog
although many probably dont' know it's me. i'm there.
i'm glad you incorporated me into this post. it really brightens my life. haha you are tres wonderful.

Anne said...

I love it!! It looks like such wintery goodness!!! You guys don't even look cold at all. I love skating at the duck pond, you know the one you fell into!! AHHH those good ole winnipeg memories!!!

Tricia said...

I'm gald you all had a great time. I was stuck in the van with a sleeping child....... So well there was rides in sleds and hockey games I was watching cross country skiers go around and around the field.