
Nolan has been a VERY reluctant reader. In grade one some nights he flatly refused to read and the other nights there would be a meltdown before he would do his nightly reading. Over the years he has resigned himself to his fate and learned to read. He has read each night with either Spencer or I - but the sooner he could put the book away the better.
Nolan’s teacher this year is Ms. Sopka, she is young and energetic and super cute. I am pretty sure all the little boys have a crush on her – Nolan included. She seems to have super powers which enable her to get the kids to do anything. She has issued a challenge to the kids to read all of the A-Z Mystery books by the end of February. Nolan has taken this challenge seriously and has turned into a little bookworm. He reads for hours every night, reads without being told to, and this morning he was even reading while I was driving him to school. When we arrived at the school and I told him to put his book away he groaned, "I was just at the good part".
He may just be a reader after all.
6 comments:
kids don't realize how important reading is. from the time my children were little i read to them. and when they came down to visit we'd go to the libary. maybe having his own libary card would help. there is one about a block before the church on Pembina. they do lots of great things.
check it out, Ang.
Carolyne
He wil have a love of reading just like his mom, I expect to see a good reads account from him!!! Way to go nolan!!!
I think that I am going to give Corbin a few of those books!! Corbin Right now is Readign the Dangerous Book for Boys, He loves it, and everymornign he wakes up with a bunch of new information he learned from the night before, it's Awesome!!!
hey!!! I totally found your blog...with help from Jessi!! can't wait to read it!
Sam just finished book "J" from the AtoZ series. He loves mystery books. Some other good ones he likes are Cam Jansen and Jigsaw Jones.
You know, I've oftened reflected on why I became such a good reader at a very early age. I think it was because none of the other kids liked me very much.
Post a Comment