Good Friday was the perfect day for our annual Easter Egg (stuffed with Chocolate and Candy) Hunt. The day was seriously the most perfect day. It was warm; the sun was shinning and despite all the snow we had a great time.
The kids hunted until every last egg was found and then they really got down to business consuming as many jelly beans, mike and ikes, and chocolate eggs as they could before we cut them off.
After the baskets had been safely stashed in the vans, we headed off adventuring. We choose a new location this year and since there was plenty of snow on the ground still, we went to see was we could find.
We found the best spot for a snow ball fight. There was a hill that had drifted over, forming different levels and coves, making perfect spots to hide and run and jump. At first the fight started as kids against the dads, but after awhile Tricia and I became the targets. I tried to reason with them and threatened anything and everything I could think of, but the delight in hitting me with a snowball was so much fun, they didn’t care about the consequences.
After an hour of pelting each other with snowballs, everyone was soaking wet and ready to head back for round two with their Easter baskets.

1 comment:
That looks like so much fun. I can't wait until Abby is old enough to color Easter eggs and do a real Easter egg hunt.
Post a Comment