Saturday we gathered together as a family to participate in the first ever Strate Chocolate Dipping Extravaganza! The air was filled with the sweet aroma of sugar, butter, corn syrup and cream bubbling away on the stove. There was beating, rolling, flavoring, melting, stirring, dipping and of course tasting as we turned all those wonderful ingredients and blocks of chocolate into the most wickedly delicious chocolates.
Since this was our first attempt at being chocolateers there were and still remain a few kinks to work out, and although the chocolate doesn't look perfect, they do taste divine.
The fruits of our labour.
Believe me it really was labour, we all have bulging biceps from beating the fondant.
Now here is something that I am very excited about - a first here at Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom and I really do hope you will participate.
In my blog viewing I've come across more than one blog that does a give away and I've always wanted to have a give away of my own. This seems like the perfect opportunity to host my very first GIVE AWAY and share with you my friends a box of the chocolates .
Just leave a comment and Friday at noon I will be drawing to see who the lucky person is who will be receiving this box of chocolates in the mail. Don't they just look mouth - watering delectable.
How to leave a comment.
For those of my friends who are not quite sure how to leave a comment, just click on the comment icon on the bottom of this post and when the new screen opens up, click on anonymous and then type me a little message.
28 comments:
Oh! I LOVE homemade chocolates! :) I clicked on your blog from a friends and think it's great! Consider me in the running. (Way to go, on the chocolates...I tried making them once and decided I was a much better homemade chocolate EATER.)
Really? You'll send them all the way to Texas? I'm so in! Send those puppies this way!
My step mom makes a mo-fo amount of chocolates every Christmas with her sisters ... I have get to experience the euphoria.
I'm totally in! and you don't have to mail them to me, I'll come pick them up :) you are so on the ball to have made chocolates already.
Umm I like chocolate! Ain't that a surprise! And I'm not in the midst of a "quitting chocolate" phase either!
Sign me up! As the first male to comment here, can I get my name in the drawing twice? Missed you guys this summer - wish I could have been there!
Joe
Okay you really got me now! As you know I have never ever done this before but you have dangled before me the only known food group I would do this for, and the only person I would wish to recieve it from. As you have heard me say " A day without chocolate is a day wasted". Miss you bunchies. Love Jodi
you are so funny
if you send me the chocolates, will you send me a limmerick too?
i'll send you a haiku & some tootsie rolls in return.
Hi Angelia,
We used to make tons of chocolates when I was a kid at home. Isn't it wonderful that your family can be together to share in the fun and tradition. I'm soooo happy you are HOME to share with you family. Please count me in the draw for the chocolates and I will come for a visit and pick them up.
Love you lots Aunt Jane xox PS I'm a REGULAR reader of your Blog and love keeping up with you and your family. I love feeling sooo connected to YOU.
Ok I think this is just the best thing in the world, talking to you on the phone just did not do justice! so sign me up, I can't believe that I have never seen this done before where have I been? You opened my eyes to a whole new world.
O' baby send me some of that chocolate that you made. Annie will sure love it, especially since you made it.
Hey Ang, what a treat... i get the making chocolates can be wonderful when doing them with friends and family.
Put me at the front of the line I know a few people I'd love to share with.
Can I assume that since we are family that we get a yummy, scrumptious box of strate chocolates? If not then I'll line up behind the other 11 comments (and more to come I'm sure). But let me just say that you are the most wonderful, beautiful, tanlented, creative sister-in-law a girl could ever have.
love kaddi
Very impressive Angela. looks like you had everybody there to help!!!
yummy!! how i would have loved to see Morg!!! we miss you - but love hearing how much fun FAMILY stuff you are doing!
Hi Angela,
Those chocolates bring me way back when we used to make chocolates at the Academy Chapel way back in the 1960's. That was fun. Please put me in the running too
Charlotte Raymond
P.S. Hope you have a super Christmas with your family.
Incredible, Angela! I've never made chocolates and I've never made a blog and I've never left a comment on a blog.
You are inspiring.
I am drooling.
Please enter me in your Give Away! I'll type more later...
Arlene in the Peg
Hey Ang, count me in. I wanted to do chocolates with Kirsten this year but then I had to go have a baby in the middle of prime chocolate making season. So much for timeing but maybe next year. Or I could come up and help you. I'm sure Jarom would love to keep and eye on Russell for me while I dip!
Hi Angela,
It is always so good to hear from you. I am sorry that life has been a challenge with food right now. As you say what is best for Jarom is the important thing.
I really admire your family getting into the chocolates together. WOW! What a fun! Chocolate must be the universal great treat, as well as a necessity of my life!!Love, Connie
Looks heavenly! Pick me!
-Camille
WOW my mouth is watering! YUM YUM YUM!!!
Do I get one entry for each Comment, Because I have a little free time on my hands...
Love you!!
Just to throw a little controversy into this, put me in the draw. When I win, all will cry out 'FIX!!!'.
Actually, if i was to be drawn, Angela would immediately execute VETO powers and rob me of my rights...
Spenny
How can I tell you I really really really need those yummy chocolates? I don't know you and you don't know me. But I know you make excellent chocolates, unlike me
Pick me! Pick me!! And deliver them in person!!
Love,
Nicole
Actually, I was rather thinking that I would love them delivered in person, too. There would be a homemade cheesecake in it for you....and bring Anne....we'll meet at the diner at Zellers on Pembina...mmmmm.....Chocolate is its own food group. You are so sorely missed! Sigh....keep thinking I need to move closer to you & Anne if I want to get any serious visiting teaching done. Love, Cathy Finken
Hey Angela,
I am sitting here eating some I read this. Count me in too. Glad to have you back in the country.
Sounds like you had a good fun family day.
O K Angela,now that you have my attention,you can send them A.S.A.P,but remember the mail is slow.
Lu-Ann
THE CHOCOLATES ARE HERE SAFE AND SOUND. AM WAITING FOR LOGAN TO GET HERE BEFORE I OPEN THEM.
THANKS AGAIN. THE POSTAGE IS SO AWFUL. THE WORLD IS NUTS AND THEY ARE ON STRIKE TOO!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND A GREAT YEAR AHEAD, JAROM. LOVE FROM JACSKON AND LOGAN , TOO.
Post a Comment