Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Winter Pleasures

It's snowing today and I'm delighted. It's that thick, rich, wet snow that melts as soon as it hits the pavement, but lingers on the grass and trees. I'm sitting here sipping hot cocoa and baking chocolate chip cookies. There is something about watching the snow cascade slowing down that make me feel like there should be cookies baking merrily away in my oven.
Won't you come and join me for some cocoa and melt in your mouth cookies? I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon.

3 comments:

Anne said...

ummmm no. not a chance, but I LOVE your spirit!

I think I will go for a walk though and enjoy the falling leaves.

But I would love to spend the afternoon with you!!

Tricia said...

I can't imagine anything better then to spend the afternoon watching it snow there with you and hot chocolate. I can wait for the snow to come here!!! I bet your house is cozy with the sweet smell coming from your oven. I miss your cookies too! The problem with the snow there is that you know it will all be gone and not last until April of next year for that too I am a little jealous.... but you should enjoy it well it lasts

momma street said...

YUM - wish we could come over. But, we are out playing on the playground with out our coats ON!!! HA HA HA