Monday, March 01, 2010

Our Newest Addition

Little boys here at the Court House are pet deprived. There is no other way of saying it. They have begged, whined, cried, pleaded and then begged some more; still they were met with an unwavering no. The unwavering no always comes from their dad; I have on occasions faltered in my no pet rule and the kids and I have made a trip to the pet store with the hope up coming home with something cute and cuddly. I never could do it once I got to the store and smelled the cedar chips mixed with animal excrement, saw the rodents or scaly reptiles.

This however is a pet I can handle.  It is quite, clean and I don't have to worry about it escaping and finding it's way into my path.  Nolan conned his dad into taking him to the pet store yesterday and they returned with Chester. 

7 comments:

Jess said...

how fun. They will love it and it is the easiest pet. I know because that is the pet that is allowed in our house.

carolyne b said...

And when he dies you flush him down the toliet....and get another one. My sister is the same, except she got gold fish cheaper that a beta fish, which is what you have. Gold fish are food for bigger fish and cost .50-1.25.

craftedbylindy said...

Very cool! Love the name!

Tanya said...

Exciting! I am sure Dallin and Braden will love to meet Chester one of these days! My kids are the same way but it is I who refuses and Rob who continues to say... "one day we will have a dog". I am the one who reminds him that he will be gone all day and that I will be the one at home who will have to take care of this dog he speaks of. I don't think so!!

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to report that Chester is a well behaved little fish and ideal role model for our young boys. He is quiet and contemplative. However, the boys and I have yet to test his demeanor by making him angry at his reflection in a mirror. Details to follow...

Sincerely,

D. Spencer Court
(Dad)

Anonymous said...

ahahahahah I had one named Fisher, but I had to flush him down the toilet because he had "pop eye"

Rach

Kirsten said...

Nice, we too are a fish family, although we are fishless right now. Our no pet rule is due to allergies so we can even pretend that if it wasn't for that we totally would get a pet...yeah, not really. I did check into getting a hypoallergenic labradoodle, because I too think it would be cute to have something to cuddle. They go for about $4500, which is more than either of our vehicles is worth, so that's never ever going to happen. Fish it is!