Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And So It Begins

I don't do a lot of Christmas baking, I'm learning over the years my family is more of a chocolate and candy snacking family than cookies and baking.  Although we will have shortbread cookies, it's not really Christmas without those.  Fudge is a family favorite.  I whipped up this batch last week, I was planning to use half the pan for missionary pkg and freeze the rest for Christmas, but our sweet tooth's got the best of us and it's gone.  It was oh so yummy.
I tried a new recipes this year, I got it from our ward RS party.  It was oh, so good.
Creamy Milk Chocolate Fudge:


2 cups sugar
1 cup whipping cream
20 large marshmallows
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp real vanilla
3 cups milk-chocolate chips (Callebaut is best, Chipits are 2nd best)

1) Place chocolate chips, cut up butter, and vanilla in large bowl. Set aside.
2) Combine cream and sugar in medium sized saucepan. Whisk over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved (about 20 mins).
3) Add marshmallows and turn heat up to medium. Fold in marshmallows until melted.
4) Boil mixture over med heat for 6 minutes (stirring constantly).
5) Pour cream and sugar mixture over chocolate chip mixture.
6) Stir vigorously until mixture is creamy and smooth.
7) Pour into 8x8 pan lined with waxed paper
8) Cool in Fridge, use waxed paper to lift fudge out of pan, cut into pieces!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna try it! Michelle will be soooo happy.
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Yummm Nicoles brownies... And Nicoles chocolate Chip cookies! I miss you Nicole, but my hips dont! Hehe.

I'm going to try the fudge recipe because I obviously need more sweet stuff in my life!

-anne