The Doctors Wife - Haven't started it yet, but will let you know if it is any good. (I only made it through a chapter of this book before I realized it was not for me)
The Book Thief - Picked up this number after a couple of my friends told me how much they utterly enjoyed it. I was initially uneasy about reading it as the setting takes place in Nazi Germany, not my favorite time period to read about. I am thoroughly enjoying it, in fact I would read it all night long if my eyes didn't close on me. I own it if you want to borrow it.
The Book of Awesome - a little pick me up every day.
Gifts from the Sea - Book Club
The Family Dinner - Last year about this time my book club did poetry. The discussion turned to Jackie Kennedy and how she and her family quoted poetry around the dinner table, then the conversation progressed to all the other things she did with her kids around the dinner table and I thought, That is what I want my dinner table to be like.
I just wasn't sure how to accomplish it. Then last week I saw this book at Chapters. It has great advice about how to get your family talking at the table. It suggests games, and topics of conversation, poetry to memorize, current events, word games and the list goes on. Dinner time is about to change at our house.
1 comment:
I love your blog!!
Nicole
Post a Comment