Tuesday, March 08, 2011


Nolan took this picture, he thought the moment was too precious to let pass by.  Barrett is getting to such a fun age; Friday he officially started crawling, he's been on the cusp of crawling for awhile but Friday he finally figured out his left hand and off he went. 

He had his 6 month check up a week ago and weighs 19 lbs and is 28.5 inches long!

Other Thoughts:
  • Today I spent almost the entire day rocking my baby.  He's teething and crabby and wanted to be held.  As I sat there cuddling him thinking about my To do list and the shower I hadn't yet had; I decided it was okay, my baby won't be a baby much longer and no one will remember all the things that didn't get done today.
  • Usually Spencer puts Jarom to bed, but on the nights he is not there I read to Jarom and then he always asks me to cuddle with him.  I mostly say no, kiss him and hug him and move on to some thing much less important.  Today the thought occurred to me that soon he won't ask any more; that will be sad.

1 comment:

carolyne b said...

When you have older kids, as you do. You realize how quickly they grow up and the cuddles, kisses and bedtime stories are replaced with other things. And you are correct, they won't remember that dinner wasn't on time or the bathroom didn't get cleaned. But they will remember the family time, cuddles and kisses. And that will make them better parents one day.