Then the other night we left Nolan to babysit while we went out with some friends (yes we leave him when the other boys are sleeping soundly in their beds and our cell phones are charged - this is such a beautiful thing) and Nolan laid on our bed a read my entire blog. He talked for days about stories he either never knew or had forgotten. It was so fun to listen to excitement in his voice. So I guess, for me, this is what blogging is about - capturing the memories I want to remember forever.
This was my Mother's Day.
Me and my favorite people in the whole world hike around the river bottom. Outings with my family are one of my most favorite things in the world. Everyone gets along, everyone gets fresh air and is worn out. We see beautiful thing and talk. It's one of those perfect moments in life.
During our family prayer my kids cycle through each member of our family and pray for them, when they pray for me they always say things like, bless mom while she grocery shops or cleans the house or takes care of Barrett. This has bothered me for a long time, somehow making me feel like they don't see my role as important as Spencer's. I know that it shouldn't because what they pray for is exactly what I do; I just have a deep desire for them to know that I choose this and how important my role as their mom is and how important their wives role as a mother will be. I think this is one reason why I have always loved Julie Beck so much. She gives me the strength to keep striving to be the best mom I can be, and then just a little bit better.
4 comments:
I love your blog. When I read it I hear your voice.
Nicole
Angela I read your posts all the time. I love to hear how things are going in Lethbridge with your family.....I guess I am a blog stocker.....lol.
Ang, I just have to thank you for your post. I love to read your blog and I am guilty of the same thing. I haven't posted on my blog for awhile and you helped me remember why I do. My kids like to read it and remember back to fun things we have done. Thanks again!
I love the comment "I hear your voice" Cuz I had just thought the same thing. I was talking to a friend about keeping family records, journals, photos, the whole thing can be daunting, and then I decided anything that makes someone understand who you were...which means if a blog is gonna serve its "purpose" you hafta be you... and YOu are wonderful!!!!
Your boys scope of what you do will change and grow, and they'll find themselves not at the breakfast table blessing you to do laundry today, but they'll be on their knees thanking the Lord that their mother loved them, and talk them service and sacrifice and goodness (all while you did their laundry too).
I need to make my blog (still learning) something my kids will enjoy reading and not be so worried about trying to be clever etc for some imaginary "audience".
It's EXACTLY what your header says: Things we'll want to remember when we're old and gray.
LOVE THAT! ( and you!)
Post a Comment