Jarom has wanted a soccer birthday party for a couple of years. This year I was on top of things, we had the party a couple of weeks before Jarom's birthday so we could enjoy the beautiful fall weather. And the weather was beautiful right up until the day of the party, ruining all our fun plans.
Jarom assured me that snow and all the party would go on and be awesome. So away we went. We played soccer bowling, balloon heads, yellow card tag. Coach Nolan and coach Greg took the kids outside to teach them some soccer skills in preparation for the soccer game.
Snow and all, the kids seemed to have a good time. Throughout all the activities the kids were collecting tickets to buy things from our concession stand. That's right I made them pay for all their food.
Kids love this. They love spending their tickets on hot dog, chips, tatar tots, pop, hot chocolate and then coming back for more. I even made them buy all their goodie bag items. I think it was the highlight for the kids.
Of course present time was Jarom's favorite time.
Jaroms had lots of girlfriends -I think 9. Tricky candles.
Birthday Part 2.
Birthdays are important to Jarom. His excitement is contagious, his praises is exuberant and his joy is complete.
Seems to be the year of Candy Grams.
Jarom is so fun to give present to, his excitement is front and center!
Birthday supper consisted of KFC, mashed potatoes with gravy and veggies.
I love with all my heart that Jarom is not self conscious in the least while everyone sings him Happy Birthday. I love watching his smile and his twinkly eyes as he soaks in the moments and then because he can't contain himself any longer he sings along.
2 comments:
Cute Party! Looks like a lot of fun!
Man I love Jarom..I love how you described the twinkle in his eye and lack of self-conciseness. Jus t one fun, life-loving kid!
Post a Comment