Thursday, September 20, 2012

A break

I still have more picture to share from our summer but I thought I would take a break and add happenings in our lives.

1. I have seriously been loving this glorious fall. We've been out exploring all the time. Taking the boy on walks and bike rides. Letting him work off all that energy on something other then destroying anything and everything within arms reach or anything that can be reached with the aid of a chair, stool or toy.  Basically nothing is off limits.  So we walk, ride or stroll; I'd rather follow the boy around enjoying the beautiful day, then clean up his messes.

2.  I wish I had beautiful flowers like my mom.  Hers are these masses pots of overflowing leaves and color and beauty.  Mine are shrivel specs of something with potential if only someone would lovely water them, feed them nutrients and whispers words of encouragement. Some day.

3. I went for about 18 months without ever getting my hair cut.  I have lots of reasons why, not any good ones.  About a year ago I stumbled on a hairdresser who cuts my hair like a dream.  Still every 6 weeks I have to force myself not to cancel the appt.

4. Jarom is starting indoor soccer and drum lessons  I'm excited to watch him play. This is his first year of indoor.  He comes home daily and gives me a run down of all the recess happens on the soccer field and the awesome goals and assists he made.  When he talks he does it with such pride in his voice, echoing the word of his grade 3 teacher who help him realize he's an athlete.

5. Spencer is designing a house in the little spare time he has.  It's busy.  He's busy.  Last week he trotted off to Winnipeg for a conference and got to visit his old work pals.  He also got a private tour of the Human Right Museum.  Seemed like a good trip.  I think he would move back there given the chance, we've never discussed it, I think he knows I wouldn't. 

No comments: