Friday, May 05, 2006

Lessons I've Learned from Motherhood

Well I guess it has been awhile since my last post; I'm not entirely sure that I have anything of interest to share. It has mostly been a week filled up with the mind-numbing, never going away duties of a stay at home mom. Monday I did a power house clean, got everything looking spic and span and this morning I was looking around my house thinking that it looks like it has never been cleaned. I guess I need to spend more time thinking about the poem that talks about dirty little figure prints on windows and walls and just appreciate them being there.

Dirty little fingers on windows, doors and walls,
Prints that tell you I've been by...
Cards to mark my call.

Now they are a nuisance,
But soon I'll grow so tall,
You'll miss those little tokens,
That told you I was small.

Lately I have been thinking about the lessons that I learn from my children and I've always thought that I should be writing them down before I forget them. So here is goes. I'm starting a column called... Ok, I still need to think of a good name, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to share.

Lessons I learn from Motherhood.

1) Everyone wants to be heard and acknowledged.
Jarom is very persistent at making sure I listen to what he is saying and recognize him. If he tells me something and I am not really listening to him and just say, "Uh hum" or "Oh that's nice" he will keep repeating until I restate the message he is trying to share with me.

2) Patients, patients and more patients
...to be continued

No comments: