Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mommy Time





Well I'm back! After 5 glorious days of being carefree I have returned to life as a mother and wife. Everyone here was so happy to see me, they were pining away for me; in fact they all missed me so much they were unable to do anything but lounge around and call my name (this only happened in my dreams, in reality they had the greatest time; what's the saying? "while the cats away the mice will play" and play they did!).

I had a wonderful time. Sheena, one of my best friends, who recently found the love of her life and moved to France to be with him, met me in the airport and we were able to spend a couple of hours catching up. It was so good to see her and how happy she is in her new life.

Then I went to my cousins Corinne's Wedding. As you can see from the pictures she looked so beautiful and happy. It was fun to see all the family again. Corinne, I and Shaela are born 6 weeks apart. We have cute pictures of the 3 of us as youngins, but I think this might be the first one of the three of us older.

Then my Uncle Lee and my cousin Holly came for a visit. It was great to see them; I had not seen them in at least 7 years. Monday we all went to Waterton and had a picnic by the lake. I think it was one of the nicest days I have ever spent in Waterton... the wind didn't blow. We all played bocce ball, and despite a valiant effort on the parts of the youngins the oldies claimed victory by one point. It was a hard defeat, but we were treated to an ice cream cone at the Big Scoop, which helped to heal the wounds a little.

It was nice to be able to sleep the whole night through and not have to get out of bed until I was ready. My parents made me breakfast and treated me to a good time. It was a wonderful break!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Glad you had a great time!! When are you going to do it again??!!!

Tricia said...

Yeh you got a slide up it looks great,
You look so relaxed at home away from home.

Anonymous said...

I miss you sister, come back soon!!....Rach