


Yesterday we had big plans to spend a wonderful evening at the park; eating a picnic lunch and catching frogs - being the mom of only boys does something to a person; suddenly things that sounded disgusting a few years back turn into a wonderfully appealing way to spend an afternoon. We were all very excited; every time I saw one of the Taylor kids or my kids at church they would talk about the picnic we were going to have after church. Image the broken hearts when they were dismissed from their primary classes and discovered that it was POURING rain outside. Their little spirits were so disenchanted. So we decided to take those lemons and make us some lemonade. We had a picnic on the living room floor. We drank from cans of pop, ate chips right out of the bag and munched on huge hoagie sandwiches; we finished the picnic off with a salt water taffy hunt. Each child had a bag full of candy, I've learned that candy can be very helpful in healing disappointment.
1 comment:
I am still Soaked! How much fun was that! Maybe next week!
Post a Comment