Monday, April 23, 2007
2 Weeks of Non-Stop Fun
Here it is…the last two weeks of our lives; I hope you have lots of time; I’ll try to keep it short and sweet. I seriously can’t believe all this was only two weeks ago, it all seems like forever ago.
Temple Trip to Regina Our stake set a goal last year called 2007 in 2007. For the week-end of Good Friday a stake temple trip was planned with the goal of completing 2007 ordinances over the course of the week-end (we doubled the goal… so exciting). Thursday after school I loaded the kids in the van and headed off to pick Spencer up from work, we meet up with our friends the Northcotts in Headingly, then hit the road. We stopped in Brandon for supper, which only took 1 ½ . Not sure why, I guess none of us were too excited about getting back in the van so we just sat , talked and watched the kids play in the play structure. We finally arrived in Regina around 12 and our kids were so exhausted they went right to sleep. Yippee!!!!
Tricia and James had their first session at 8:30 so all their kids came and hung out with us and then we did a switch when it was mine and Spencer’s turn to do our sessions. It was wonderful to sit in the temple and know almost everyone else in the session. A completely different feeling then ever before… Wonderful.
While Spencer and I were at the temple, Tricia and James took the kids to the science center. Apparently it was a great way to kill 3 -4 hours; providing 3 floors of nothing but fun. After we were done, we all headed off to Chucky Cheese. The kids thought he had died and gone to heaven – nothing but pure fun. They loved it; games galore. Finally we loaded the kids in the van and arrived home around 2:30.
Nolan Story
As we were driving up to the temple Nolan said, “Hey look, they have the Golden Boy (statue on top of the parliament building here in Winnipeg) on top of the temple. I told Nolan that it was actually the Angel Moroni and not the Golden boy, to which he replied, “ohhhhhhhhh, so this is where they had that great big battle”.
After we arrived home, we all unpacked, cleaned up our house in anticipation of Kaye’s visit and did some grocery shopping. Then we headed off for the 4th annual Northcott/Court/Taylor Easter Egg Hunt
The egg hunt was as you would expect, met with much eagerness on the part of the kids. We once again joined with the Northcotts, the Taylors have moved on the greener places, and their presence was sorely missed. The kids love gorging themselves on chocolate.
Later that night we went to picked up Kaye from the airport. The kids were so excited to have her arrive. They had been asking for months when she was going to be here.
Easter morning the kids awoke to find the Easter bunny had filled their baskets with lots of fun things. Jarom got a puzzle and coloring book and Nolan got a make a volcano kit and magic writing paper.
After dinner we loaded our Easter Eggs in a basket and headed off to the park to start a new tradition. Rolling the Easter Eggs. I remember doing this with my family and even though Nolan was very skeptical that it would be fun we all managed to have a great time rolling our eggs down the hill. Spencer would have everyone believe that he was the champion egg roller, but in truth, I was the best roller of all.
We had a wonderful week with Kaye here. We went to visit the Zoo, had yogurt cones and Gelato. The kids love Kaye’s visits so much because she spends so much time playing them. Jarom was in play date heaven; he loves to sing songs and do finger plays, all of which Kaye is the master of. I love the visits because I get a break, who wouldn’t love that? Best of all, for me, I had to leave for Youth conference on Friday and Kaye was so nice to watch the kids while I was gone. I was such a treat not to have to arrange babysitting. THANK-YOU Kaye!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thank You for the update... I was having to read Shane's. While highly entertaining, you have to feel for the poor guy after a while!!! Luckily he has Kaddie there to keep everything going smoothly. Although no credit is given, We all kow she is the one guiding them through town, We can read through the lines.
But I am always keeping an eye out on the CNN ticker, just in case he is involved with an international event, BREAKING NEWS FROM THAILAND: CDN GUY WITH HOSE IN ONE HAND, TALCUM POWDER IN THE OTHER DOESN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND SONGKRAN, WILL SPEND QUIALITY TIME IN PRISON FOR FRIGHTENING THAI CITIZENS. LARRY KING WILL HAVE EXCLUSIVE WITH HIS RESEARCH ASSISTANT, WIFE HAPPILY BACK IN CA.
And While Mark Darcy was happy to help bridget out of Thai prison I am not sure that Mack Strate will be so lucky!!!
Looks like you guys had a fun time in Regina! Those kids should have slept the whole way back from all that fun!!! Every kid should experience ChuckECheese once--- once.
Thanks for the pictures!!!
First, thanks for the pictures Ang. My sources tell me that Anne's kids have been eating Captain Crunch and wearing the same clothes for three days while she maintains 24 hour surveillance of your blog.
Second, why is my website listed AFTER Anne's on your blog? I'm your own flesh and blood. Plus, mine has engaging posts about the most intriguing issues of our time. Anne's has diatribes about how she undermines the Canadian economy by shopping South of the border. Clearly, mine should be ranked higher.
Will you please correct this injustice?
I don't want to spell it out for there big guy... but we all know where her loyalties lie!!! Hahaha Your #2!!!!
I was so glad that we went. It reallyas quite amazing to be apart of the stake temple trip.
Now here is my plug for the science centre. I have been to them in b.c. and alberta and the one in regina is fantastic and right up there, even better because it is so cheap to go.
Post a Comment