


Well its official – my summer of fun with my family is OVER.
Bright and early this morning we set off for the airport to bid farewell to our Rachel. We were running a little behind and since the plane was leaving at 8:50 whether Rachel was on it or not, we were saved from a tearful good-bye. Nolan however, had a really hard time with Rachel leaving us and tried to stage a protest by refusing to get out of bed; in the end he resigned himself to his aunt’s departure and settled for a long hug.
Our time with Rachel wasn’t action packed, like I would normally like, but I think we were all a little tired from our time at Grandma’s and need a couple of low key days. We did however manage to squeeze in a movie (Oceans 13 and although I have been a great fan of the Ocean movies in the past I wouldn’t recommend this one), Lunch with Spencer and a stroll around the Forks, bike riding and tennis playing and a couple of movies: Fracture and 300 (I am still a little shocked Spencer rented it and thought I would enjoy watching it - nasty).
Thursday being our final day we thought we should have an outing, so we decided to go to a little place called Emu Ville – it promised to be a good time, learning about Emus and going on a train ride, what could be better? After driving all over the southern part of Manitoba we decided it no longer existed (apparent there aren’t a lot of people wanted to visit an emu farm – imagine that) and decided to visit the Zoo instead.
On our way to the Zoo, we passed the golf dome and decided we would rather go mini golfing. After a highly completive round of mini golf which proclaimed Rachel the best golfer of all, we headed off to the greatest Gelato store in all of Winnipeg – Nucci’s.
We finished off our afternoon with a little frog hunting in Kings Park. The kids had a wonderful time, and although Rachel and I were fine with the small frogs, when Nolan captured a great BIG frog we turned into the girls we are and screamed and screamed as the frog tried to make his escape.
It was great to have Rachel here and we ( me especially) am going to miss her.
(due to dead batteries I was unable to capture any of our fun time with Rachel, all the memories are on her camera; these our some pictures from our time in Alberta)
1 comment:
AWWWW I feel so special a whole write up about me!! I had a wonderful time and miss everyone so much- especially my sister
Post a Comment