Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas












Well here we are well into 2008 and I have yet to wrap up 2007!

We had a glorious Christmas spent with family! We made the long trek back to Alberta, but had to return earlier than we would have liked so Spencer could get back to work.

We spent Christmas Eve with the Courts! We definitely missed having Aunt Jane, Uncle Ken, Amanda and Logan celebrating with us, but since Aunt Jane loves family so much we had our first ever Reese family reunion. We gathered together with lots of Spencer’s cousins; it was great to see everyone after so long.

Back to Christmas Eve with the Courts... we had a fun time bowling, exchanging presents, feasting on good food and receiving our PJ’s from Kaye. Thanks to Ryan this was also my first introduction to Guitar Hero. I had a lot of fun playing it, but it quickly became apparent that I sucked.

Christmas day was spent in our PJ’s – although, when I could smell myself around 5 I thought a shower would be a good idea, I did however put my PJ’s back on. It was seriously the best day. The kids slept in until 8:30, and then we opened our presents, assembled the presents and played with all the toys the kids received. Then we got down to the puzzling. I know that this is a long lived tradition in many families, but is a new one to ours, last year being our first puzzling experience. I love it!!!

There was lots of skating/hockey on the pond, eating of delicious food, playing of the Wii, shopping, visiting with family... all in all a perfect Christmas!

4 comments:

Anne said...

LOVE the update!!! It looks like Christmas is fun!! I think we should dump the kids and spend the Day playing Guitar Hereo & Sing Star!!! WE ROCK!!!

Tricia said...

Well it couldn't have been the perfect Christmas where are the Northcott's in those pictures? We love having you back here safe and sound!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Honey...why are you displaying my 'wares' for all to see publicly on the internet. Aren't you aware of the freaks that frequent your blog?

Anne said...

Yeah!! I love Christmas! and i think that all Spencers wares should be kept private... for once I agre with Spenny!