Friday, March 05, 2010

A Little Touch of Spring

The other day I was driving down the road and spotted a planter full of bright pink tulips adorning the front porch of a house along my path. It was so colorful and cheery; it brighten up my day and put a smile on my face.


Funny how a little of bit of color can help shake off the dreary dullness of winter. The weather outside is beautiful. The kids and I are wearing our hoodies and riding our bikes. The kids are outside playing with their friends. Their shoes are filled with mud and grass that is tracked all over my front entry way; and it's glorious. It all makes me dream of sunshine, green grass, flowers and ripe flavor filled fruit. I can't wait for balloon fights and spending lazy afternoons reading on the swing while my kids swim in the pool.

I know it's only early March and we are pretty much guaranteed another snow storm before summer comes, but for now I'll enjoy my flip flop wearing days!

1 comment:

carolyne b said...

sure just rub it in how wonderful life is in southern alberta. The snow is mealting leaving behind the glorious dirt. But what the heck, have fun and enjoy the time you have getting ready for the new addtion to the Court household.
We are having our New Beginnings this Thursday-- Olympic theme..