Every window in my house is adorned with these babies. The wind here in Southern Alberta is like a plague that fills my house with dust, dust and more dust. Every time I look at the layer of dirt on my blinds I sigh with frustration and curse the wind.
I've tried everything I could think of to keep them clean and it either doesn’t work or is unbelievably time consuming. All that changed while I was folding laundry and watching a morning show.
The helpful lady on the Today Show and my new best friend -if only I knew who she was - suggested soaking the blinds in a tub full of soapy water. It works my friends!!! I soaked those bad boys for a couple of hours and then gave them a little shower to rinse them down, left them to dry and they came out sparkly and grime free.
It was quick. It was easy. It was painless!
4 comments:
I'm so going to try that!!!
Nicole
Yeap that does work.. if really bad soak with some dish detergent and bleach.. Cleans those puppies up right away. And don't worry the bleach doesn't leave bleach marks.
What did you soak them in?
DT
DT - I just used dish soap. Works great.
Post a Comment